There are two main categories for our group programs: Chapters and Clubs.
The UT Alumni Association regional chapters are scattered across the state of Tennessee and around the nation. These chapters work within a tier system, which guides them through out the year based on expectations and benefits provided by the UTAA. These chapters provide unique programming that shares the great things happening at UT with their local communities. Chapters host events such as annual events, community service projects, TV-viewing parties, or special activities in their local communities such as trips to performing arts events, museum exhibits, UT Day at the Ball Park or museum exhibits.
Clubs interact on a more informal level than Chapters. Clubs provide a contact in the local area that alumni can connect with to find out about events the club is hosting. Clubs host TV-viewing parties through out the football and basketball season so alumni, friends and fans can cheer on their favorite UT team together.
Is there a chapter or club in your area?
How To Start A Club or Chapter?
Are you interested in starting a club or chapter in your area?
Steps to becoming a club:
- Contact the Alumni Association office at 865-974-2115 and inform a Chapter Director your intent to start a club in your area
- Receive authorization from UTAA establishing you as an official club of the UTAA. (Approval dependent upon strategic direction and budget of the UTAA and chapter program)
- Fill out the Contact Information Sheet with your current information and how alumni can contact you if they would like more information about the club in your area. Also fill out the confidentiality agreement and submit back to the UTAA office in a timely manner
- Create a plan of events for the next year and submit to the alumni association and review requirements to uphold your club status.
Steps to becoming a chapter:
- To become a UTAA chapter you must have established a club in your area for one year and have 100 alums in your area for in-state and 250 alums in the area for out of state.
- Receive authorization from UTAA establishing you as an official chapter of the UTAA. (Approval dependent upon strategic direction and budget of the UTAA and chapter program)
- Form an officer structure.
- Create By-laws that will be submitted for approval and on file at the UTAA office.
- Create a plan of events for the next year including an activity that is not a TV-Viewing party and review requirements to uphold your chapter status.