January 8-15, 2013 & February 25-March 4, 2013
**Now booking second departure**
Explore Havana, the lively capital city where Cuba’s cultural and
political heritage is concentrated. Discussions, led by experts, will
explore Cuba’s captivating history and provide new insights into life in
Cuba, its arts and civil society. Participate in lively and
enlightening interactions with local Cubans, including artists, dancers
and social service providers. Excursions into Cuba’s spectacular
countryside include a visit to Pinar del Rio when there will be a visit to Las Terrazas, a model socialist community developed in the 1980s. Travel to Cuba’s colonial south and spend
time in picturesque Cienfuegos and Trinidad, both UNESCO World Heritage
sites. In eight unforgettable days, you will delve deeply into both the
delights and the struggles of Cuba and her people.
This exclusive program opens the door to a neighbor country long closed
to American travelers. It is designed to promote cultural exchange and
people-to-people contact. The trip is operated in accordance with a
special license issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to the
University of Tennessee Foundation.
For more information, please contact:
Some Program Highlights
- Access to venues not available to individual travelers and encounters with nature and direct interaction with local people.
- Embark on a truly unique experience - a comprehensive exploration of Cuba, long inaccessible to American visitors.
- Visit the Universidad de la Habana to meet and speak with the students.
- Meet the dancers of the Ludwig Foundation’s Contemporary Ballet
Company and the Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba Company, and the artists of
Cuba’s leading art academy, the Instituto Superior de Arte.
- Visit a private religious home for senior citizens to meet the
nuns who operate the home & share activities with the residents.
- Lectures and discussions on the Cuban economy, contemporary arts, & architecture.
- Travel to Cuba’s colonial south and experience two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
- Tour Parque Marti and The Teatro de Cienfuegos
- Enjoy a performance by and dialogue with the Cantores de
Cienfuegos, a renowned choir that has been entertaining Cubans for
- Round-trip, chartered jet service from Florida.
- Travel in Cuba via deluxe motorcoach.
- Five nights in Havana, Cuba
- Two nights in Cienfuegos, Cuba
Activities and Events
- Informative educational programs, featuring organized interactions with local Cubans, will enhance your insight into the region.
- Pricing includes all excursions.
Extensive Meal Program
Enjoy seven breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners on this
all-inclusive meal program. Sample authentic regional specialties during
select meals at featured local restaurants.
Many Included Extras
Accompanied by University of Tennessee Foundation leadership.
Services of expert English-speaking local guides throughout your stay.
Detailed travel and destination information to assist in planning.
Tipping of excursion guides and drivers.
Interested in purchasing travel insurance?
$4,095 per person
Questions: Please call 865-974-2115
Browse Similar Trips
Destination: North America
Date: Winter 2013